A few pointers:
- Inclusion of text, numbers and symbols can be very effective.
- Using strong focal points (e.g. a larger image of a particular building) often helps your collages becoming too fragmented.
- As well as papers you might work back into your collages with paint, spray stencils, pens etc.
- Along with addition be aware that subtraction can be a key part of the collage process. If your images become overcrowded using areas of plain papers or white paint can be an effective way of freshening up your piece. Careful consideration about the retention of areas of space as you make the collage is another way to do this.
- As with other images we have created this year producing a composition with balance that leads the viewer's eye as you intend is the ideal. Repetition of colours or symbols can help achieve this, along with strong directional elements.