We are now at the midway point of the Tools project and are about to move onto a series of technique based experiments based upon a single tool.
Remember you need your single, complex Tool Photos for Monday. You will also need a range of drawing pencils and an eraser.
We are going to take in sketchbooks on Monday to give you an interim grade for the Tools project, as it is useful for you all to have an early indicator of how you are doing. We will give you grades for Effort, Process (sketchbook) and Outcome (studio work) and a short feedback comment, more detailed feedback will be given after the completion of the second part of the Tools project.
The work you need to submit by 4pm on Monday is:
- From the still life arrangement, a well finished chalk and charcoal A1 drawing (worked from a midtone base).
- Also from the still life a limited palette A2 mixed media and painted piece. Again make sure this is well finished, use your own time if the class time dedicated to this hasn't been enough to fully resolve your image.
- David Hockney Joiner research (see separate blogpost).
- At least 2 of your own joiners based on the still life.
- Homework tonal pencil drawing based on the still life, revisit these and push them further if you know there is room for improvement.
- Gold card plate and prints from it mounted into your book.
- Brief annotation of your joiners and prints explaining the processes you've undertaken to create these images.