In addition to the work from the College Architecture (and the Architect research) from Week one (see earlier post) these are the things you should be completing for Monday 18th Feb:
- Print out contact sheets of your London Photographs.
- Print out a range of your best shots at A5 or A4 for inclusion in the sketchbook.
- Have some loose printouts of photos at A4 or A3 to use for printmaking.
- Produce at least one good sustained monoprint based on your London Photos (A4 or A3 in scale).
- Cut and print a good gold card plate (A4 or larger) based on your London imagery.
- Carefully cut a building to contribute towards the group paper city from white card. This can either be a façade with supporting struts or a self supporting 3D piece.
- Take a good range of "paper city" photos on the lightbox. Get in close to create some interesting angles, try to achieve the feeling of actually being surrounded by the buildings - look at the video clip post (above) for inspiration and check out www.popupology.co.uk Print contact sheets and larger versions of your best shots.
- Research at least one Artist who uses paper engineering in their work, there are a range of names you could find out more about in this article http://weburbanist.com/2008/12/02/papercraft-creative-paper-art-design-sculpture/