In addition to the work from the College Architecture (and the Architect research) from Week one (see earlier post) these are the things you should be completing by the end of Tuesday 27th Feb:
- Print out contact sheets of your London Photographs.
- Print out a range of your best shots at A5 or A4 for inclusion in the sketchbook.
- Produce at least one good sustained monoprint based on your London Photos (A4 or A3 in scale).
- Cut and print a good gold card plate (A4 or larger) based on your London imagery.
- Carefully cut a building to contribute towards the group paper city from white card. This can either be a façade with supporting struts or a self supporting 3D piece.
- Take a good range of "paper city" photos on the lightbox. Get in close to create some interesting angles, try to achieve the feeling of actually being surrounded by the buildings - look at the video clip below for inspiration and check out www.popupology.co.uk Print contact sheets and larger versions of your best shots.
- Research at least one Artist who uses paper engineering in their work, there are a range of names you could find out more about in this article http://weburbanist.com/2008/12/02/papercraft-creative-paper-art-design-sculpture/
- Create at least 3 photoshop experiments, these could be based on any of your London/paper city work, you might combine scans of your prints and layer these up with photographic imagery, try adding text and altering colours.