A checklist of things you should all have done by Monday 20th October, look on this as a minimum, some of you might manage more...
- Collection of a range of letterforms/numbers to work from as sources.
- At least 2 really effective full page linear compositions - these shouldn't include tone or colour so they can be photocopied and worked into with other media.
- 1 or more carefully built up A3 tonal/pattern based compositions developed from your linear work - use pencil or fineliners.
- Minimum of 1 A3 colour piece - this could again be a development from your linear compositions, inks or food colourings with bleach are good media to use for this.
- A gold card plate (at least A4 scale) based on your best composition, this should be cut and several prints taken from it, consider printing onto a range of surfaces.
- At least two layered experiments in Photoshop printed out and mounted in your sketchbook.
- Spray stencil layered experiments with letterforms.
- Letter relief pieces cut from coloured card, photographed effectively, with the photos mounted in your sketchbook.
- Photocopier inverts of a few of your best bits of work so far.
- 4 pages of well presented thoughtful research into Jasper Johns (number/letter work) and one other Artist from the brief e.g. Michael Craig-Martin or David Carson. Include sensitive visual responses to both Artists.
- A photographic Alphabet, find or create letterforms in the environment around you and record them with the camera. Pay attention to the aesthetic aspects of each of your 26 shots (lighting, composition etc.). Present these effectively in the sketchbook.
- Frank Stella research (see separate post).