So the deadline for the Fashion project will be the end of your last lesson on Friday at 3.00pm. We will launch the new Architecture project at the beginning of next week.
Evaluation guidance for your Fashion project is posted below:
Recycled Fashion Evaluation
In order to pass this project you must complete a word processed evaluation of 500-800 words, discussing the following ……
- What object and garment did you get to work with?
- How did the development of your Prezi help in understanding the possibilities offered by your object. What sources did you access in researching your object and garment?
- Did you enjoy working in Prezi? What challenges did this programme present?
- In what other ways did you respond to and investigate your object? (e.g. photography and drawing)
- Who were you collaborating with? How did you share tasks? Do you think you communicated effectively together? Did you find this collaboration helpful?
- Which designers did you look at? What appealed to you about their work?
- What did you learn from looking at the designers work? Did their work influence your own garment designs later in the project?
- What were your first ideas for your garment design? Did these bear much relation to your final solution?
- What was it that appealed to you about the fashion illustrators you chose to research and respond to?
- What did you learn from recreating the styles of the illustrators you looked at, and how did this help you to understand the techniques employed in fashion illustration?
- How did you go about creating your own fashion illustrations – what processes did you employ in developing your final images? Describe how you used photography to style them initially and what you did to get them to a high standard.
- Which Fashion Photographers did you research? What appealed to you about their work?
- Describe the process you went through to create your initial 3 garment designs, and how you decided upon the one you chose to make.
- What elements of your original garment did you retain and what was added/taken away?
- What materials and techniques did you employ in the production of your final garment and what problems did you encounter along the way?
- Discuss your final photoshoot, how did you style your garment? Mention aspects such as make up, props, location, models, postures, lighting, composition.
- Do you feel your final garment will work well with your collaborators? Did you maintain good communication throughout the project?
- How do you think your piece will look on the catwalk and what will you need to do to style it properly in preparation for this?
- What do you regard as the most and least successful aspects of your project?
- How well did you manage your time and what you would do differently if you did this project again?