Architecture Project Week 1
Before the trip next Tuesday you should all complete the following:
- At least 4 pages of research into 2 contemporary Architects (see the project brief below for names). Include background information and analysis of some specific buildings/projects. Discuss materials, aesthetics (form) and function. Include good reproductions of the Architect's work and take care over presentation.
- A selection of photos from the College Architecture, print contact sheets of your shoot and include the best shots printed out at A4 or A5 scale.
- At least one full page sustained controlled pencil tonal drawing from your College photos (this should represent at least 3 hours work).
- Minimum of one full page precise linear drawing using fine liner.
- At least 4 other drawings exploring other techniques (expressive) and media (biro, ink etc.).
- Photocopier experiments with your drawings (inverts, blueprints).
Don't forget to pay online for the trip by Wednesday 16th January, you also need to return the paperwork to me by the same date.Ivan