Colour Project Evaluation
Write your evaluation as a flowing piece of text, using full sentences, but ensure you cover the following points:
· Identify at least two aspects of your observational painting that you consider to be successful. (These could be things such as composition, use of colour, creation of space, observation of detail or painterly technique). Justify and explain your choices.
· Identify an aspect of your observational painting that you could improve, explain your choice.
· Have you learnt anything from producing the observational painting? Did you find this straightforward or a difficult task?
· Overall are you satisfied with your observational painting? Give reasons.
· Do you think your photographic joiners were successful? Did you enjoy making them? Identify some strengths and weaknesses of the images you made, did you find this a challenging activity?
· Identify at least two aspects of your mixed media abstraction that you consider successful. Explain your choices.
· Identify an aspect of your mixed media abstraction that you could improve, explain your choice.
· Explain something you have learnt from producing the mixed media abstraction.
· Overall are you satisfied with your mixed media abstraction? Give reasons.
· Over the project which Artists did you research? What appealed to you about their work? Did your research help or influence any of your own work in any way? Describe how.
· Which of the painting methods did you enjoy the most?
· Which painting do you consider your most successful; why?
PLEASE COMPLETE AND HAND IN YOUR WORD-PROCESSED EVALUATION
With the rest of your work BY 4.30PM ON MONDAY 23rd SEPTEMBER.
MINIMUM SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
· A well completed A2 observational painting.
· Fully finished A1 Mixed Media Abstraction.
· Full page tonal pencil drawing based on the Still Life in your sketchbook.
· 2 pages research into David Hockney’s photographic joiners.
· 2 resolved photographic joiners of your own based on the still life.
· Larger print outs of 4 – 6 of your best photos of the still life (A5 scale).
· 4 pages of research into Abstract painters.
· Word-processed project evaluation (300-500 words).