I always look forward to the second term as it is the time when students accelerate and really start producing Portfolio standard work on a regular basis. Having got to grips with new techniques and expectations up to Christmas, now is the time to look to start raising standards in your work, it would be great to see quite a few of you converting Merits into Distinctions when the this project is assessed.
So what needs to be done? In addition to the work from Week 1 (see the previous post) you should complete these items based on your London Photos by Monday 30th Jan.
- A good selection of your best London photos printed out and included in your sketchbook.
- At least one really excellent gold card plate cut (A4 or larger) with several prints made from it.
- One or more sustained monoprints (again A4 or bigger).
- A minimum of one really good drawing (spend 3 hours plus on this) this should be full page and in either pencil (using a full tonal range) or fineliner. Additional drawings would be beneficial too.
- At least 2 inventive pieces of mixed media collage, use photocopies of your London prints, drawings and photos. Experiment with inverts, single colour copies and other papers (brown packing, newsprint), text, paint to create rich images.
- Research into two Artists whose work is inspired/influenced by Architecture, see the brief for names.
We will have a sketchbook review next Monday 30th Jan, so make sure you are up to date and everything is properly presented.