Architecture Project Week 1
Before the trip next Thursday you should all complete the following:
- At least 4 pages of research into 2 contemporary Architects (see the project brief below for names). Include background information and analysis of some specific buildings/projects. Discuss materials, aesthetics (form) and function. Include good reproductions of the Architect's work and take care over presentation.
- A selection of photos from the College Architecture, print contact sheets of your shoot and include the best shots printed out at A4 or A5 scale.
- At least one full page sustained careful pencil tonal drawing from your College photos (this should represent at least 3 hours work). Choose a complex composition that will challenge you.
- Minimum of one full page precise linear drawing using fine liner.
- At least 4 other drawings exploring other techniques (expressive) and media (biro, ink etc.). Really focus on the quality of your drawings.
- Photocopier experiments with your drawings (inverts, blueprints).
- We will also aim to complete some printmaking before the London Trip.
- Cameras (with plenty of battery and memory capacity, also USB download cables or card readers if you have them).
- Memory sticks/online space for saving your photos, your college workspace is too limited.
- Money for a new sketchbook (or purchase online) - A3 generally best for this project.
- Drawing media - pencils, fineliners, biros, erasers etc.
- Printing/photocopying credit.