- Collection of a range of letterforms/numbers to work from as sources.
- At least 2 really effective full page linear compositions - these shouldn't include tone or colour so they can be photocopied and worked into with other media.
- 1 or more carefully built up A3 tonal/pattern based compositions developed from your linear work - use pencil or fineliners.
- Minimum of 1 A3 colour piece - this could again be a development from your linear compositions, inks or food colourings are good media to use for this.
- A gold card plate (at least A4 scale) based on your best composition, this should be cut and ready for printing on Monday.
- Photocopier inverts of a few of your best bits of work so far.
- 4 pages of well presented thoughtful research into Jasper Johns (number/letter work) and one other Artist from the brief e.g. Michael Craig-Martin, David Carson. Include sensitive visual responses to both Artists.
- A photographic Alphabet, find or create letterforms in the environment around you and record them with the camera. Pay attention to the aesthetic aspects of each of your 26 shots (lighting, composition etc.). Present these effectively in the sketchbook.