Photo Editing, Photo-Shopped Images, Answer the following within your sketchbooks - 500 words minimum.
1. List some of the digital manipulation you have done to change your photographs and experimental pieces.
2. What tools have you used within Photoshop, or other programmes and how has your knowledge been extended for this project?
3. Explain in detail, with reference to images, how you have manipulated one image to create an imaginative effect. Illustrate your work with a set of sequential images (screen shots) to demonstrate the changes you have made.
4. How would you make an image on Photoshop mimic an old photograph? What techniques/tools would you use?
5. How can you create experimental images in the darkroom? Consider photograms, paper negatives, chemical/water effects, sandwich prints? Please show examples. Which ways of working do you prefer with reason why?
6. Now you have produced your leaflet, what photographic paper could you use to print your imagery out on? Inkjet paper, laser, photographic quality paper; matt or glossy finish etc. What is the difference between these papers and what is the best quality to use for leaflet?
Please try to use the following terminology to help answer the above questions:
Photographic materials: e.g. light sources (artificial, natural), cameras (digital, film-based), lenses (wide angle, telephoto, zoom, close-up), film (black and white, colour, negative, positive), photographic paper, printers (inkjet, dye sublimation), printing paper, processing chemicals, toning chemicals, dyes, inks, photo-finishing media, image handling software, computers, output devices, printers
Photographic processes: e.g. image capture, recording, image manipulation, editing, capturing movement, focusing, depth of field, calculating exposures, film processing, digital input, output, darkroom techniques, organising, storing, backing up, retrieving, photo finishing, image transfer.
You also need to complete the final overall written evaluation for the project (see guidance at the end of the project brief) this should be word processed and approx. 800 words and should be handed in with sketchbooks and your final leaflet at the latest Wednesday 8th July 2015.